Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fun at the park

Yesterday, A and I decided to spend a nice mommy/ daughter day together. We had plans to go to story time first, but since it wasn't meant for littles, we decided to go to the park instead. It was such a nice day out (in the lower 70s), so I knew some much needed outside time would be the best bet for us.
This was the same park we had A's party at just a few weeks ago, and ever since then she has requested we go play with the dinosaurs. Here she is giving her dinosaur friend some love.
 Next, it was time to "drive" the firetruck. I was impressed that she was able to climb in and get it to rock, all on her own.
 After that, it was on to her favorite activity while at the park. The swings! She would stay in there all day if I let her. I let her swing for a little while before we moved on to the next fun thing.
 
I tried to get her to climb up onto the merry-go-round with me, but she just wasn't having it today. Instead she decided to play in the water left from the light rain that morning. Here she is acting innocent... mommy knows better.
Of course, keeping her away from the swings didn't last long and she soon requested for more pushing. With a face like that, how could I resist? But this time she requested that I swing, too. Again, how could I say no?
 
After a while of side-by-side swinging she was ready to move on. Now she wanted to go play with her friend, dinosaur. I actually have a really cute video of her telling the dinosaur to "move," but I'm not sure how to upload it yet.
Then we come to the end of our park play date. Sadly it didn't end the way I had hoped. My plan was for A to slide down the slide a few times and then we'd get in the car to go home. So, she climbed up the steps to the top, I took this cute picture, and then she acted like she was going to slide. However, instead of sliding (which I was waiting for on the other side) she turned around to go back down. I guess she turned too fast and proceeded to fall all the way down the steps. She was only about three feet up, but in my eyes she fell 30 feet! I quickly picked her up, checked her for any injuries, kissed the ones I could find, then got in the car to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment