Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tuesday's Total 3/13/12

Well, as you should (hopefully) know, today is Wednesday, and I finally got around to doing my weekly shopping. I'm not exactly sure why I put it off until today, but it was such a wonderful day to go shopping. The Publix I wound up going to (it changes every week due to what part of town I'm going to) had everything in stock, except for one item. Thankfully the very nice man who was stocking the nearest aisle was willing to go search in the back to see if they had any. And yes, they did. So I was able to get everything in just one trip!

So here's how I did...
** photo posted soon**
(8) Emerald Breakfast on the Go- $.65 ea (saved $2.64 ea)
(2) Welch's Fruit Snacks- $.88 ea (saved $1.87 ea)
(4) Philadelphia Cream Cheese Indulgence Spread- $.25 ea (saved $2.74 ea)
(4) Barilla Pasta- $.25 ea (saved $1.24 ea)
(4) Barilla Pasta Sauce- $.99 ea (saved $2.00 ea)
(12) Uncle Ben's Country Inn Rice- $.41 ea (saved $1.08 ea)
(2) Coffeemate Natural Bliss Creamer- $.67 ea (saved $1.83 ea)
(2) Nabisco Graham Crackers- $2.10 ea (saved $2.10 ea)
3.53lb bananas- $.67/ lb
Paid: $25.78  Saved: $69.62
73% Savings

Can I say how much I love the fact that everything I bought (except for my impulse, no coupon, graham crackers) was less than $1.00 each! That's how you want to shop! And that's why coupons are awesome. Sure, you can go to the dollar store and buy each of the things I've listed above for around $1.00 each, but I wouldn't guarantee their quality.

Oh, and since a few of the items I bought were "new" items, I figured I'd weigh in my opinion about them. First is the Philadelphia Indulgence Spread: I was very leery of this item when I first saw it. I'm not sure why, but for some reason it seemed a little off. But since the sale will be ending soon, I figured I'd give it a try. Oh, thank God, I did! It was go good. Hint: I bought the graham crackers to go with the spread. I've always had a thing for regular cream cheese + graham crackers, but the chocolate takes it to another level!

Next is the Breakfast on the Go: As soon as I saw that these were available for such a great price, I knew I wanted to jump on it quick. I'm so happy that I did. I know I will be carrying these around with me everywhere I go, just in case I ever need a little pick me up. I bought the Berry Blend ones, and I'm so glad I did.

So there you go, my weekly review plus a little review!

No comments:

Post a Comment