Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Party plans already?!

Yes, it's official, I'm crazy. Well, I won't go that far. Although I have already started planning both birthday parties for J and A. But I have a great reason, I swear.

For those who know me, know that I love to go all out when it comes to birthday parties for my kids (here's A's party from last year, followed up with a how-to). And in the past, this means spending a ton of money. Well, not this year. Since I have discovered the wonderful world of couponing for groceries, I decided that I didn't need to only save money there. Why not find great deals for anything I need.

So once I saw that vistaprint was having an "everything free" event, I knew I needed to jump on it. Yes, they do often have wonderful sales and free items, but I saw things that I don't usually see, so I got very excited.

I had already decided the themes for both A and J's parties, and also began my extensive Pinterest search for ideas, so that part was already done. Now was the fun part, find free items to use with those themes. First was A's Under the Sea theme (chosen because of her favorite book). I searched vistaprint until I found the cutest set of mermaid themed items. From there I was able to completely personalize each item.

Here's what I bought. And yes, all for free (I did have to pay for shipping, but still managed to save over $50!)...
(1) 3'x18" Personalized Vinyl Banner
(10) Personalized Thank You cards
(10) Personalized Note Cards
(20) Envelopes
(24) Small Personalized Stickers

Next up is J's Lego party. I don't have his items yet because I had to completely personalize it (they didn't have any Lego themed items on the website). Also, I had to do two different transactions in order to get both sets for free. Otherwise, I would've been charged half price for the second set (still not a bad price). I did order all of the same type of items, so J's set will look very similar, just with a different theme.

In the end, all items totaled $20, but I managed to save over $100 (85% savings)!

So yes, party planning has officially begun, but so has party savings. Can't wait to see what other deals I'm able to find. Oh, and did I mention how much I love to plan parties!!

No comments:

Post a Comment