Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Little Girl is Growing Up!

So, since this blog is about our daily life, I feel it's necessary to update everyone on what's happening around here.

For the past few days, Ariana has been potty training.

It all started on Saturday when she refused to put on a diaper after her morning change. I gave in and let her run around without the diaper just to see what she would do. In a matter of 30 minutes, she had two accidents and refused to sit on the potty after each one. At that point I decided the diaper was going back on. She wasn't ready and I didn't want to force her.

Then on Sunday we had the same issue once her morning diaper change came around. At that point I decided to up the ante to see if I could entice her to sit on the potty. I went through my stash of left over candy and found a few lollipops, I showed them to her and explained that if she went potty, she could have one. Well, that didn't go over so well and 20 minutes of screaming followed. But, after those 20 minutes were over, she walked into the room, sat on the potty, and made her first pee. All by herself. I only knew she had gone when I heard her laughing and went to check on her. She was so excited when she got to have her lollipop.

Since then, she has gone on the potty all but one time (last night we were outside playing and after we came in she had an accident). Each time she has gone, it has been unprompted. We leave the bathroom door open so she can go in whenever she needs to to go.

The only issue we are having right now is the fact that she is clueless when she wears underwear. She hasn't yet learned that she needs to take them off before she goes, so she has been holding it in. Each time I try to teach her, a huge fit ensues (we're in that stage, oh joy). So, for now, she just runs around the house naked and goes as she pleases. I'm hopeful that in the next few weeks she'll have everything down and we can call this a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment