Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Anniversary Fun

We've had a few busy weeks here in the H household. It's been hard to find time to get everything together to get ready to post. So I figured now is as good of a time as any...

On September 14th, Jamie and I celebrated our 4th anniversary. In a way I can't believe it's been four years already, but then again I can, haha. I'll say that we've had our ups and downs that's for sure, but thankfully we are as strong now as we have ever been.

For this special day we decided to get away. It has been over two years since he and I had a night away just the two of us. I was so excited to be able to spend one-on-one time with my hubby, but I was also sad that I was leaving my baby girl over night for the first time. Yep, she'll be two in 3 weeks (how did that happen!!) and this was the first time I have been away from her for an extended amount of time.

Glad to say we all made it through just fine. A didn't seem to even mind that we were gone.

But back to our fun time away. We decided that we would head down to Orlando on the 12th (since we have to plan trips during weekdays) and come back home on the 13th. We chose Orlando because we have our annual passes to SeaWorld and couldn't pass up "free" fun. But instead of SeaWorld we decided to spend the day at Aquatica (which we also have passes for, but only used once over the past year...).

It took us forever to decide on which hotel we wanted to stay at. Since we don't get away too often, we wanted to make sure our money (and time) was spent best. We finally chose the Monumental Inn and fell in love. It was a very charming hotel and the staff were all warm and welcoming. Since we checked in so late (10 pm) we asked if we could have a late check out. They said sure and asked us what time we wanted to be out! Since we hoped to be at the water park by one, we asked for 1 o'clock and they said okay. Now that's service :) 
 
The next day we were able to get up, grab breakfast, and still have time to go back to the hotel to hang out by the pool, all before we checked out. I can't recall any hotel that I've stayed at that I didn't feel rushed to get out the door in a hurry because it was check out time.

I'm not big on water parks. The only reason we added them to our passes was because J asked to go to the water park last year for his birthday. But I was up for doing something out of the ordinary with my hubby of four years.

I'm proud to say that I rode almost all of the rides! One thing you have to know about me is that I'm extremely afraid of closed/ confined places, so the thought of a tight tube freaks me out. Thankfully, many of the rides at Aquatica were two-seaters, so I was much more willing to ride with the hubs.

After our fun filled day at Aquatica, we decided to head across the street to SeaWorld for a bit (we had an hour until it closed) to check out the new Turtle Trek attraction. Again, I had to confront my fears of closed in spaces and venture into a dark room filled with people to participate in the attraction. It wasn't too bad and I really enjoyed the show. It is by far my favorite thing there now (since the whale shows aren't as exciting as they used to be, but safety comes first).

After we left SeaWorld we decided to have a nice dinner before heading back home. We plugged "sushi" into the navigation and we on our way to a yummy feast.

All-in-all, this was a perfect day to spend with my perfect match. I can't say enough how much I love my husband. He works so hard to provide for our family while I able to stay home with the kiddos. I'm tell you, I'm truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment